Wednesday 22 September 2004

Updates

From talking to ppl and reading their blogs, it appears that most ppl are rather busy. Which is fair enough i guess, as this time of the yr tends to be more full on, with exams, tax returns and what not that needs to be done.

But for some reason, i dont have that much to do. Its funny coz most ppl i talk to are either tired or busy or frustrated, etc. Things seem to be real cruisy, which is the way i like it! :) I am only working half days, which probably helps the situation, but i am still pulling up sore at the end of work. Hence, a constant reminder that i'm no where near fully fit yet.

I was further reminded of this when i went for a swim today, went to push myself, and i am now paying for it. Now i am extra sore..... :(

I guess for those who are interested in what i'm up to; I've been asked to step up in a number of leadership/positions of reponsibility lately. They've all come at about the same time, which made me think if i had something on my forehead saying "pick me!" Our youth pastor at church asked if i would like to be part of the leadership team for the youth. Also, i've been nominated on the CMDFA committee. I must admit i was hesitant in accepting either position in the beginning, but after a lot of prayer about this, i accepted. I believe i am ready for more challanges. :P

I'm excited about both opportunities, as it allows me inroads into different aspects of life OTHER than my job. I'm not too fussed about work anymore, to me its just something i do. I actually feel more passion for the youth ministry, and have a greater desire to do that than my job.

Nonetheless, i have a feeling that i'm entering a new phase of this short life of mine, and I embrace it.

No comments: