Monday 20 September 2004

JUDDERNAUT!!

Following an outstanding season and rewarded with All-Australian selection for the 1st time in his short career, huge congrats goes to Chris Judd of the West Coast Eagles for winning this yr's Brownlow medal!

I'll admit that i had him 2nd on my list to win, (Tredrea was my initial guess) but it was an awesome medal count. Also, i always thought Ben Cousins would be the Eagles' 1st brownlow medalist. But the best thing about it was that there was only ONE winner (not 2 or 3 or 4) and the top 5 werent made up of those that were ineligible to win (ie. suspended ppl). And one has to admit that he is DESERVED winner!!

I am absolutely stoked at this win, definitely makes up for not winning the premiership!! I think the Eagles will be a force to be reckon with in the next few yrs, and i'm not just saying this coz i support them..... Look at the facts; 1 Brownlow medalist, 4 Rising star nominations, promising end to 2004 season...... looks ominous to me.

1 comment:

BackTrak said...

I'm not saying we will win the flag next yr, but the core grp is ominous. The saints were in a similar positions a few yrs back, and look at them now! I think the potential is definitely there, as long as we dont end up choking like the Dockers! :)