Monday 23 August 2004

Weekend Bliss

The weekend was pretty good i thought..... I guess mainly due to what was achieved over that period. Firstly, the mighty West Coast triumphed over the Dockers, an event i wished i could've attended but nonetheless shared the joy of their win. I liked what John Worsfold said about bragging rights, its childish but this win was great coz its a win regardless of the opposition! But beating Fremantle at their home game makes it that much sweeter...... :)

Secondly, i watched one of the best premier league matches i've ever seen, (no Al, not the spurs) Arsenal's come from behind win over 'boro. I must admit my heart was in my mouth when they were 3-1 down, but the next 4 goals were nearly as sweet as the Eagles' win over the dockers.

Thirdly, I visited Riverview church for the 1st time after hearing all the hype and must admit its most impressive. We'd been talkin about going to different churches since mine has streamlined all 3 services, and now i've finally started. After coming back to perth, i thought subi was big, but Riverview just blew me away. And the sound system was the bomb! The acoustics in the hall and the whole setup was phenomenal, i walked feeling like i was going into a rock concert, with the lights dimmed, music blaring, performers performing. I did feel a bit lost amongst such a large congregation, but it was most definitely an eye-opener. But is this me? Probably not.





No comments: