Thursday 12 August 2004

jinx

Now that everyone knows about my back, (it feels like the most famous back in the world) ppl have been constantly asking me "howz the back going?" And believe u, me i really appreciate the concern and ppl's well-wishes. I may be getting a little tired answering the same question over and over again, but as i said, i really appreciate everyone's concern.

However, one of the reasons i dont say too much about it is coz its taking its own sweet time to heal. In the beginning after surgery, the effect was immediate, and i got real excited. Recovery went quite rapidly for the 1st 2 wks, but now for some reason it has started to plateau. Wot i mean by this is that i went from 0% to 70% in the space of a couple of wks, and now into the 3rd wk, i'm stuggling to go any higher. To add to this, by opposite leg is starting to feel a bit funny as well, which is scaring me a little, coz i'm afraid to find out if now my other sciatic nerve is affected. I'm probably getting a bit paranoid, and I'm sure that's not the case, but after what i've been thru, i dont want it again.

So that's why i dont talk too much or sound too enthusiastic/opimistic about my recovery, just in case i jinx it....

No comments: