Saturday 28 August 2004

Fair thee fairwell

One of my good mates will be leaving the beautiful state of WA in a few days, off to pursue further adventures in the great "never never land". I appreciate the invite to go along, but i dont think my back would've handled the bumpy gravel roads of the outback, nor would it enjoy sleeping on the hard ground in a tent.

I remember the yr when i was stuck 600km out of perth and he was about 300 km from me, yet we looked out for each other. Sometimes its nice to have a mate give u a call every now and then to let u know someone cares. We can easily underestimate the value of a good friendship.

So the wkend began with the going-away dinner, and it was nice to be able to send him off and at the same time catch up with some ppl i havent seen in awhile. Its funny how it takes someone LEAVING in order to catch up with ppl that are already here.


No comments: