Monday 9 August 2004

Soaps

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but i do watch neighbours. This goes back to the days when i lived in the bush, with nothing but ABC, GWN & WIN television to entertain me.

What does concern me is how i can get so involved in the show. For some reason, i can get really worked up just watching some of the characters and the things they do. Most wouldn't really consider neighbours to be oscar-winning material but then what is it that does this to me? Like, how can Jack be so stupid? That Izzy may be pretty, but what a decieving bitch!

If u think about it, thats the way all soapies are! Totally B-grade stuff, yet it pulls huge audiences. So why are soapies are so addictive? But at least i havent sunk as low as to watch daytime soaps like the bold and the beautiful, etc.

Maybe its just me.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I have admit that I do watch Home & Away every so often because I've bonded with Sally all those years ago and grown up together. I get upset when she's upset and feel happy when she's happy. Ah, those were the days...

Anonymous said...

Damn, I always forget to add my name to the comment in Blogger...

Allen

Anonymous said...

Well when you consider what Neighbours goes up against, its no wonder soo many people watch it.. THough to be honest I always watch SBS World Sports over neighbours but you can always go back to Neighbours after an absence of a year and pick up the story in 5 minutes.

Luckily Ive got too much to do to actually have time to watc soaps. I really think its something for people who have too much time.

BackTrak said...

i think u have hit the nail on the head in the last bit of your comment; too much time..... :)