Tuesday 28 December 2004

Tsunami Terror

It struck me this morning as i picked up the front page of the newspaper the enormity of the situation. I mean, for it to make front page news, it would have to be quite important, right? I remember last nite my dad telling me there was a big earthquake near indonesia, extending to india and thailand. At the time, i was too engrossed in my xbox game, Splinter Cell; Pandora Tommorrow. (Mind u, it is an awesome game requiring much concentration!) I sort of nodded and showed some kind of acknowledgement to him, but inwardly i was cursing the fact he was interrupting my gaming! Doesnt he realise i could die, and i would have to start the level again!?

We hear of disasters on the news all the time. The media covers everything so well nowadays, i dont even take notice of them. But this morning as i read the full story, i realised i know some ppl that are in Phuket and Penang as i type this. Then i read on, realising that Phuket is one of the worst places hit, and the a number killed in Penang. My heart sank a little. My thoughts of the 3 ppl i know there come flooding in, and i pray that they would be safe.

When the bali bombings occured, it was a shocking incident, yet i could not not fully empathise. Now, i can associate the panic and concern that family would have over the ppl in the affected areas. Guys, if u r out there and read this, pls let me know ur ok! :)

No comments: