Friday 24 December 2004

Scrooge

I think i'm pretty close to being a xmas scrooge. Dont get me wrong, i dont go saying "bah humbug" to everything and everyone, but i'm really not at all excited about xmas at all. If anything, its an opportunity for me to kick my legs up and chill.

A few of the girls at work are all excited about the day and everything, but i'm not too fussed about it. I dont know if it comes across as me being moody or a scrooge, but xmas just aint a big thing to me!

I mean it is important in the fact that it celebrate's Jesus' birth, but I consider easter a much more important date/time. I think easter is the most important event on the christian calendar, not xmas. People may disagree with me here..... :p

I think back to when i was younger, whether xmas was a big thing then..... I dont believe it was. So maybe that's where my view comes from...... At the end of the day, it seems like most are getting overly excited for what is essentially a long wkend. But i definitely enjoy the excuse to get together with friends and family, laze about with a beer in one hand, food in the other, and watch the boxing day test.

Merry xmas.

No comments: