Tuesday 14 December 2004

Beach or shopping?

Seeing that i didnt start work till 3 in the afternoon, i had a variety of options as to how to spend my half day off today. One was to go to the beach. The other, xmas shopping and errands. I chose the latter. Now i regret that decision.

The shops were packed. And not just packed, but filled with smelly teenagers (sorry to all those nice-smelling teenagers) Finding presents was like trekking thru densr jungle, using my arms as machetes, chopping and fending stray arm-like branches blocking the way. The bright signs vying for your attention simply brings on more confusion, especially an unseasoned shopping campaigner like me. And it was HOT, so going from store to store was taxing..... Xmas carols were ingrained into my brain that i found myself subconsciously humming it by the end of the day. I was drawn to the "sale" signs like a bear to honey, picking and poking at it until my cravings were satisfied.

When i finally got home, i thought,"I could do with a swim about now". Then i realised it was time to go to work, and i had missed my chance. I love going to the beach when its stinkin hot, i love the ability to sweat the instant u step out of the water, just so u can hop back in. And i missed all that so as to mix it with the best of the material world.... sigh.

No comments: