Saturday 9 October 2004

The Singapore Diaries

I havent really had time to sit down and blog lately, as i just returned to perth on fri morning, worked saturday, while juggling the arrival of my cousins from melb. But i thought i'd better write something about s'pore b4 it becomes an all too distant memory.

Firstly, i'd like to thank the most gracious and wonderfullest host i've ever encountered, the divine Miss M. I cannot begin to thank her enough for the great time she showed me whilst i was in the sweltering heat of s'pore. She made it possible to safely say its the BEST trip i've ever made to s'pore and the BEST HOLIDAY i've had in a long, long time. I only hope that i may repay her the favour at some stage of our lives, if i can EVER get her to perth..... :P

There's so much to tell and say, but i'll keep it fairly brief. I've basically summed up all the "highlights" of my trip, and if anyone wants to know more about it, feel free to ask. I'll probably also expand on them in future blogs.

- S'pore is bloody hot, and u sweat A LOT.
- Going out everyday and night becomes very pricey.
- S'pore nightlife rocks! Where else can u get any meal u want at 3am?
- S'pore coffee is really BAD. Stick to tea.
- Its such a vibrant place, u cant help but rise to the occasion
- alcohol is damn expensive, but managed to find the cheapest bar in the place. ;)
- Eating lots of local food can be hazardous to your waistline. But its joyful torture of one's self.
- Clubbing in s'pore is an experience i enjoyed, tho i never expected to. The place is packed even on a weds nite, and EVERYONE boogies down and has a good time. I actually felt safe, not having to worry about a stray needle or gangfight breaking out!
- I LOVE my roti prata!
- Eat Ice Kachang after every meal, it will cool u down while delighting your senses.
- Shopping for others and not yourself is not very fun.

There's so much to tell, but might have to save that for next time......

No comments: