Monday 25 October 2004

Much needed rest

I had a wkend i really needed. Pretty much stayed home most of it, and ended up sleeping for most of the day and night of fri and sat. I guess i reached a point where i needed a long period of sleep to "catch up" on the lack of rest i've had.

Sunday was was the usual, goin to church in the morning, then grabbing some lunch with friends i havent caught up with in a long long time. Especially with the weather the way it was, it was such a great day to be having lunch outside, watchin everyone walk by!!

But Sunday nite was huge. Went to Church Together 04 for the 1st time, which totally blew my mind. To put things in perspective, the nite was basically a combined church service of all the churches of all denominations in perth, all packed into the Burswood Dome. So we're talking about 15000 ppl here. (or so i'm told) I'm really bad when it comes to estimating numbers, but trust me, when the dome was packed the way it was, there was a LOT of people.

I always get a buzz going to these events, its great to see so many ppl on fire for God the way they were. The only downside was Geoff Gallop giving a really piss-poor speech. And it always amazes me how many ppl are touched by these events to anwer the call and go up front when called. It was a great nite, but shame about the chairs, they were the most uncomfortable things and my back did NOT pull up great after.


No comments: