Sunday 17 October 2004

Depressed?

After what has been a fairly exhaustive week, I've finally had the opportunity to have a chillout day. The return to fulltime work has been testing, in both a physical and mental capacity. I think i got thru it ok, but just dont feel too flash. I even noticed that today i had trouble putting sentences together. The wkend was also busy, with things on every nite and day. So I am glad to have a quiet one on sunday, our scheduled day of rest :)

However, a friend pointed out today i seemed different. Apparantly i even came across a little down, prompting the question,"are u depressed?" ME, depressed?? In recent times, i cant recall ever being assumed depressed. We all go thru our ups and downs, but i havent really been one for ppl to say," He looks depressed" I guess looking back at my wk and my behavior the past few days, its easy for me to come across that way. I'm really having a hard time settling into the normal rhythm of real life, after such a great wk away last wk. I find myself sometimes sitting and staring, fantasizing i was anywhere but here.....

Dont get me wrong, i love where i am, but i guess i've got no motivation to work at the moment. When i'm at work, i do my job and try my best, but if there something else available, i'd jump at that. I look fwd to walking away from work and doing the kinda stuff ppl on holiday do i guess :)

It's a bit unrealistic to do I know, sometimes i wonder why billionaires continue to work their arses off to get more money when they've got enough for them to retire comfortably! I know that if i was one, i'd be living it up, working for free when i had to, and more importantly, LIVE my life.

No comments: