Friday 22 October 2004

Reality Check

I've come to the frightening realisation that ever since i started work again, i've got nothing much to report. Can it be that my return to mundane real working life is so boring and uneventful that i struggle to attend any occasion of importance? As i sit here trying to inform u all on something interesting or at least entertaining in my life, i realise that i have nothing to say.....

Upon reflection, if 10 hours of each day is allocated to my time at work and getting to & fro work, i guess that doesnt leave much time to do much else, when one needs about 9 hrs of sleep. Unless one sacrifices that sleep time, one cannot do much outside of work..... sigh. I think one wants to go on holiday, AGAIN.

I was reading a student's blog about how she loves her class at uni. They are a small class of 40 which spend all their time together; ie. they have all lectures and labs, etc the same and pretty much see the same faces day in, day out. She says its great how everyone gets along, supports each other, hangs out, etc, etc. And she hopes the whole 5 yrs of her uni course will be like that...... I hate to be the pessimist and burst her bubble, but i dont think so!!

My class was 30, we spent 45 contact hrs a wk together, and i think by the end of it, if we didnt see each other again, it would be too soon.:) It's takes me back, reading that blog, to a time when we were so young and innocent, where we actually believed life COULD be perfect....

No comments: