Saturday 8 October 2005

Settling back home

It's definitely been a long time between drinks, and since i've scraped the bottom of the barrel as far as things to procrastinate on, here i am......

It has been a tough period for me, since coming back from Africa. Not so much that i miss the place, i guess its the first time in a LONG time (this whole year in fact) that i have to accept the fact that i'm back home and am not going anywhere else soon. No travel to look forward to. Nothing. Nada.

If i look back to my past 24 months, i've always had a travel destination to look forward to, so all my efforts at work and elsewhere were directed toward those goals. This is the first time in 24 months that i dont have any such goals to strive for.

Plus, this is the first time in a long while that i've actually been home for an extended period of time. Usually, i'm always off on little trips here and there, whether it be for work or leisure. I guess in a nutshell, i'm back into the normality of life........

Well, 2 mths into it, i guess i can say i'm finally settling in. I'm reminded constantly of my real purpose and direction in life, and that i dont need those "travel incentives" to keep me going. Far from it in fact. I've realised and am glad that my difficulties were only a short phase i had to go thru. Now, I'm serving a lot more at church, getting back into sport (now the back's better) and really enjoying my work rest and play.

The only thing i'm looking forward to now is some warmth (bring on summer!) where i hope to get a scooter in the next few weeks to really take advantage of the great Perth summer. Speaking of Perth, we're still voted in the "top 5 most livable cities", but dunno why melbourne is still ahead of us............ You can check out the report here. Now, i've been to vienna (rated 3rd) and geneva (rated 4th), and being TOTALLY and HONESTLY unbiased, Perth is a WAY better.

Perth is definitely my HOME, and i'm glad to be home. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Don you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a permission email marketing site. It pretty much covers permission email marketing related stuff. Take a look if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

"Nobody leaves me comments"
Well, you seem to get a lot of anonymous (read: random) attention. What's with that hey? Ah well....still, you can't say you ain't got none! :p

Good to see you're back up blogging though :o)